Monday, December 05, 2005

Successfully Single - at any age

Beryl Whiting is an NLP coach and Personal Development Trainer for people in business. Reading Beryl's blog the other day, I had a wonderful reminder that you don't need to be in your 20's, 30's or 40's to be successfully single and get a life you love after a break-up. Beryl wrote:

Recently, I overheard two ladies talking in a coffee shop. The first lady was telling the story of how her husband had left her three years ago when she was aged 60. Although at first she was devastated and didn't tell anyone for a year. Now she absolutely wouldn't have him back, even though he says he wants to try again.

"I'm having too good a time going out and enjoying myself in a way that he wouldn't let me when we were together. He insisted on us doing everything together. Now I can go out when and with whom I want! I love going to concerts, theatres, holidays, keep fit, coffee mornings. It's been a real blessing and I never thought I would hear myself say that!"

Yay! You go girl!

No comments: