Wednesday, December 14, 2005

10 daily habits for the holiday season - Part 2

The second daily habit that I would urge you to adopt between now and the New Year is:

Drink plenty of water
We all know by now that we are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water each day. And I admit that it is sometimes difficult to do it. I can glug it down with the best of them when I'm thirsty, but after my third or fourth glass of the morning, I'm starting to get a bit bored and have to force myself to carry on drinking it. The thing is, though, it works. When I drink plenty of water on a regular basis, I catch myself looking in the mirror and thinking how good my skin looks - smooth, glowing and moisturised. In addition, I don't feel so tired or get so hungry.

A couple of tips that might help you to drink more are - drink warm or lukewarm water during the day (I know - some people hate the idea - but it works for me) and make your first drink of the day a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon in it.

Oh, and another tip - when you're out partying in the run-up to Christmas, alternate alcoholic drinks with glasses of water - you'll stay in control, you'll consume fewer calories and you won't be so dehydrated the morning after.

Come back tomorrow for Tip 3

No comments: