Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Read any good books lately?

Don’t you just love a good book? I do. Reading has been one of my most favourite occupations for as long as I can remember.

So, what have I read recently? Well, my two ‘airport’ books that I took on holiday were ‘It’s Called a Break Up Because It’s Broken’ by Greg Behrendt and Amiira Ruotola-Behrendt, and something I’ve been meaning to read for years now, ‘Ask and It Is Given’ by Esther and Jerry Hicks. Both were vaguely work-related but, hey, I love what I do and it doesn’t feel like work anyhow…

Then, whilst I was in the U.S., I couldn’t resist spending a couple of hours in Barnes and Noble, and I left with ‘Party of One’ by Anneli Rufus and, (an exciting find since I've just qualified as a Retirement Coach) ‘Retirement for Two’ by Maryanne Vandervelde tucked under my arm. (Yes, I did pay for them.) Actually, I would have bought a whole lot more but I had Chris constantly reminding me how perilously close our suitcases had been to ‘excess baggage’ on the way out from Manchester Airport.

I usually have at least 5 library books on the go at any one time – I grab anything new with a coaching/self-help/psychology slant to it and I can’t resist psychological or forensic-themed thrillers. The most interesting from my current selection are 'The Life Coaching Handbook' by Curly Martin and ‘The Vanished Man’ by Jeffery Deaver.

Then, on Friday, a fellow coach sent me the manuscript of her new book and asked for my comments on it… Well, how could I refuse?
Best of all, our local library has just started opening on Sundays. Guess where I'm off to this weekend?

No comments: