Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Paying for Christmas 3

My third tip in this series is:

Start a present drawer. (This one might be more useful for your 2006 gifts.)

I start buying my Christmas gifts in the January sales and keep an eye open for potential gifts every time I go out shopping. I get loads of bargains, which means I can buy better gifts for the people I care about. Last year I had bought all my gifts by October and it was a brilliant feeling to know that I didn't have to go out there and brave the crowds during the Christmas rush.

The January sales are a great source of gloves, scarves and gift sets of smelly stuff like bubble bath and hand cream which you can stock up on and dish out as gifts during the coming year. They are great as birthday gifts for friends, as standbys for unexpected or forgotten gifts and they can be combined to make a bigger gift for someone special that you would like to spend more on.

No comments: