Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Concerns over bottled water

I love Florida (see previous post) but after the particularly nice-tasting water that we get from our taps (faucets) in this part of the UK, the water in Florida always tastes rather 'sandy' to me. So, whenever I'm in Florida, I tend to drink much more bottled water - which is what I've been doing over the last 2 weeks. Whilst doing the rounds of the internet news sites yesterday, I was concerned to read that scientists in Germany have found that potentially toxic substances, such as the heavy metal, Antimony, could be leaching into bottled water from their plastic containers. These traces were found in 48 European brands of bottled water and 15 Canadian brands.

Looks like I'll be buying glass and digging out the water filter jug in future
...

No comments: