Friday, September 02, 2005

Curses...

I'm so angry with myself. Today, for the first time in my life, I have gone into unauthorised overdraft at the bank. In fact, this is the first time in my life that I've had an overdraft of any description.

This came about because, every month, I 'sweep' any excess money from my online current account into its attached e-savings account where the interest rate is much better. Then, on the last day of the month, I 'sweep' back into my current account the amount I need for the following month. Brilliant system - works every time and maximises the amount of interest I get on my money.

Until this morning, when, at 5.08 am, I had one of those 'bolt-awake' moments when I realised that today is the 2nd of September and I had forgotten to 'sweep' the money back from my e-savings.

I ran downstairs, hoping that September would be one of those months when my mortgage payment is debited from my account on the 2nd, rather than the 1st of the month... But when I logged on, there was a big, fat minus sign lurking before my account balance. Grrrr.... I hate paying interest or finance charges on anything. That'll teach me - I'm off to put an entry on my on-line calendar for the last day of each month, reminding me to transfer those funds. Must be my age...

No comments: